***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Sunday, April 22, 2012

365 Days for a 'Better You' - Day 1 - The Beginning!



This is an idea that I have been thinking about and mulling over for a while now, so today I am finally getting organized and getting started with day 1!

To be honest, I was originally inspired to do something like this by "1000 Awesome Things". For those of you who have never heard of this blog, the writer wrote a new blog every week day, counting down 1000 'awesome' things we all enjoy in life. These things that are so awesome can be widely varied, but the main theme is looking for things to enjoy and smile at every day. "The finer things in life".

I spend a lot of time reading, especially health and fitness related stories and items. For the past several years, I have archived small pieces of advice, tips, 'tricks', and snippets of information that can help not only myself, but many of you in your life-long journey to becoming/staying a happier, healthier person.

Today marks the first day, of what is initially being planned as, 365 consecutive days of blogging health and fitness-related information for my readers. My goal is to post a new blog every single day for this next year. Now sometimes life happens, and circumstances arise when I just simply will not be able to make it to a computer to post my daily blog, but in those rare circumstances, I will then double-up the next day. Either way, you will have 365 new blogs by April 21st, 2013!

Some days will be short little snippets of information. Some days will be long drawn-out stories. There may be days touching on interesting research studies being published in the news, other days will simply be about my own personal journey staying fit. Either way, I am sure there will be something every one of you will be able to learn and take with you, to help you along!

Oh, and one other thing. For those of you who follow me on Facebook, you should know already that I really enjoy motivational and inspirational quotes. Well, at this time next year, you will also have 365 of my favorite quotes to keep you motivated as I will post a new quote every day!

So, without further ado, Day 1:

Develop momentum first, then worry about maintaining that momentum later. Most people begin their health and fitness journey with lofty expectations/goals. Instead, make small goals for yourself and stick with it. For example, say to yourself, “I am going to go exercise for 10 minutes at 6:00 am tomorrow morning!” The length of time you exercise is not the important part here, the important part is that you commit to yourself and go and actually do it.

Research shows that we build momentum by winning 'small battles' first. It creates a positive influence on the brain and allows us to feel accomplished right from the get-go.

As you get on a schedule for yourself, then you can worry about lengthening the time of you workouts or increase the level of intensity.

Quote of the day:
"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."

~ Herman Cain

1 comment: