***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 101 - Grow Younger Every Day Step 13: Consistency



Step 13 is all about consistency.


I get e-mails and messages on Facebook, Youtube, and of course this blog, all the time asking me (what I believe to be) silly questions about either doing, or not doing something health and fitness related.


Questions like, "I am doing P90X, if I have a piece of cake for my birthday, will I not get awesome results?" or "I am currently following a 3 day-a-week workout plan, if I skip a day, will I lose progress?"


Questions like these make me chuckle and laugh every single time I see them. I try and help folks as much as I can, but I can't help but feel as though many people have their priorities greatly misguided.


I think this is due, in part, to the "instant results" mentality that many people carry with them. Whether it is trying to look your best for the beach, or some other event, many folks set their sights on one specific date or goal, and completely close themselves off from one truly matters.


Sure, it is great to set your sights on specific goals, but your true intentions should be focused on a life-long dedication to exercise and healthy eating.


Once that happens, and you focus on the long-term importance of both of these things, you will see that consistency is the name of the game!


Not only that, but when you are consistent with your efforts towards healthy living, 90% of the time, missing a day or two of exercise due to illness, or having a piece of cake on your birthday will hardly even seem like a blip on your radar when you are consistent with your efforts.


Consistency is key to success in anything. Remember that it is impossible to be perfect, but striving as close to perfection as possible can elicit great success.


Quote of the day:
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
~ Thomas Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment