***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 134 - World's Toughest Mudder...Let's Do It!


Well, it sure is funny how things change within a few days. Just the other day, I posted about the "World's Toughest Mudder" event, and how I was not going to be able to make it. Well, a few things have happened over the last couple of days, which is making the event seem that much more likely.

For those of you who do not know, I competed in the Tough Mudder Toronto event (pictured above), and I finished in 2 hours, 15 minutes. That was good enough for top 5%. Tough Mudder holds a year-end event in New Jersey where they invite all of their "top 5%'ers" to fight it out to see who will be crowned "World's Toughest Mudder!"


Here's how things have gone and will go over the following weeks...

First of all, my wonderful sister has decided to contact the local newspaper. She knows a guy who works there, and contacted him expressing her interest in running an article on my success at Tough Mudder Toronto, and more importantly, how I am looking to compete in the World's Toughest Mudder. The newspaper loves the idea and are going to run with the story on Tuesday I believe.

Here's the deal, however. This is going to take a pretty good commitment, money-wise, to participate in. From my flight down to New Jersey, a couple night's hotel stay, a car rental, food, gear to wear (wetsuit for one), etc. I am going to need some help in getting there to compete.

My amazing family have already all jumped on board to want to pitch in and help. Also, the article in the newspaper is apparently going to mention the need for sponsorship money. I am trying to contact as many folks as I know to pitch in what they can to help me pay for this thing to happen.

My wife has already said to me, "You just have to commit!" That is exactly true. We both agreed that I have to just commit to the event, and then we can worry about raising some funds to get there later on.

If any of my wonderful readers (I am kissing butt, I know!) out there wish to help me out in any way possible, please contact me so we can discuss ways that you may be able to help.

*UPDATE* I have added a Paypal "Donate" button on the upper right side of this page. Any and all donations are welcome as every little bit helps! I thank you for your support!

As with the better part of this year already, I am going to spend countless hours training for this event. What that means for you, if interested, is that I am also going to document my progress - all my trials and tribulations along the way - here on my blog as well as on my youtube channel.

This is a great opportunity, and I am extremely excited to give this the best shot that I can! Stay tuned for more details in the coming days/weeks on how I plan to prepare for this event!

Quote of the day:
“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”
~ Lance Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment