***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 326 - My Diet Through Body Beast Part 3: Beast Diet

This is my diet through the Beast Phase (Phase 3) of Body Beast. This phase is meant to 'cut' away the body fat while attempting to maintain the muscle mass gained through Phases 1 and 2. The ratios I aimed for, and for the most part stuck to, were 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fats. All of this on a 2200-2400 calorie diet. I followed my diet as close to a tee as I possibly could for the last few weeks of this round.

I did not count calories for any of the vegetables I ate, except avocado (you can decided whether you consider avocado a fruit or a vegetable). I never wanted to resist eating vegetables because I was too high on my carb numbers for the day. The nutritional value gained from vegetables far outweighs any extra calories I may intake in my opinion!

My schedule:

5:00am - Alarm goes off, drink coffee (a little bit of milk, no sugar)


5:45am - Starting workout by this point at the absolute latest


6:30am - Finished workout, immediately drinking 250mL Chocolate Milk with creatine (see below)


250mL Chocolate Milk - 170 calories (2g fat, 28g carbs, 9g protein)


7:00am - Once dressed and ready for day, 3 scrambled eggs


3 Large Eggs - 240 calories (18g fat, 3g carbs, 21g protein) 


9:00am - Banana, Chocolate Shakeology mixed with 12oz. 1% Milk (take vitamins at this time)


Banana - 110 calories (0g fat, 30g carbs, 1g protein)

Chocolate Shakeology with 12oz. 1% Milk - 316 calories (6g fat, 34g carbs, 30g protein)

11:00am - Whey Protein Shake mixed in water


120 calories (2g fat, 2g carbs, 25g protein)


12:30pm - Boneless chicken breast with either carrot sticks or a salad


Chicken - 110 calores (2g fat, 0g carbs, 22g protein)

1:30pm - Apple


Apple - 80 calories (1g fat, 21g carbs, 0g protein)
3:00pm - 
Whey Protein Shake mixed in water

120 calories (2g fat, 2g carbs, 25g protein)


6:00pm - Dinner (see below)



9:00pm - Pre-bedtime snack

1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese - 110 calories (2g fat, 6g carbs, 15g protein)
2 tablespoons fat-free vanilla yogurt - 27 calories (0g fat, 5g carbs, 2g protein)

Totals:
1403 calories (35g fat, 131g carbs, 150g protein)
22% fat, 37% carbs, 43% protein

Dinner time and post-dinner snacks would be a great time for me to "top up" my numbers. Throughout the Beast phase, I didn't eat any starchy sides for dinner, I would have a piece of meat with some sort of vegetable side (salad, cut up veggies, etc.). I would generally have a couple tablespoons of low-sugar peanut butter following dinner to not only prevent my stomach from eating itself, but to also top up my fat numbers. Depending on what mean I had for dinner, I would generally also have 1 more protein shake right after dinner to give an extra shot of protein.

If I was having some red meat or nice big piece of salmon or tilapia for dinner, I was usually fine for my protein numbers. If, on the other hand, I was just having a chicken breast, then I would generally need a bit more protein.

I drank a LOT of water throughout the Beast phase. I never actually measured how much, but I tried to keep sipping on water consistently throughout the day.

I continued to take creatine, as it helped me keep my numbers and intensity up during my workouts, and also worked to keep my muscles volumized.

As usual, if you have any further questions/comments/concerns, you can e-mail me here!

Quote of the day:
"Those that can push themselves further once the effort gets difficult are the ones who will win!"
-Unknown




Check out my new Website: tylerrobbinsfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment