***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 332 - Live Beachbody Event Featuring Shaun T

I had the pleasure of attending my first ever Beachbody event as a Coach this past Saturday (March 16th 2013). One of the first things that came to mind while at the event was, "Wow, this company is GROWING!"


Considering the fact that Beachbody has only "pre-launched" their Coaching opportunity in Canada as of October 1st 2012, there were several hundred people in attendance at this event. Sure, not all of them were Coaches, but a good majority of them were. Those in attendance who are not Coaches, are probably thinking about the opportunity following the event because of the amazing presentation given.

We had the chance to not only see videos of the lives being changed by the company, but also a first-hand look at at least 12 people in attendance at the event who have all lost over 80+ pounds! Beachbody is right, the obesity epidemic is growing, and we are here to help "End the Trend!"

Of course, one of the main draws to the event was the appearance of Shaun T himself! Shaun T led us through about an hour-long workout, similar in nature to what you would experience with his Insanity and Asylum workouts. I personally thought I was in much better shape than I fared at the event. I think the combination of just finishing up Body Beast (not very cardio-intensive) and an annoying little stomach bug I picked up had me clutching my knees gasping for air a few times. But hey, it's Shaun T, I wouldn't have expected anything less!

Following the workout, Shaun held a Q&A session where he answered questions from his fans. Here are some notable tidbits from the questions that I will share with you. Please keep in mind that I am para-phrasing and reciting these from memory only.

  • Shaun T claims that he does not go to the gym to lift weights. He says that he is far too busy with his schedule. The only resistance training he does is with his own workouts, including maximum 25lb dumbbells when he does Asylum Strength occasionally. Other than that, he enjoys using his own programs (Insanity, Hip Hop Abs, and Rockin' Body). He stresses the fact that majority of his body image comes from genetics and diet alone!
  • He does have a new workout or program coming out. He didn't release too many details because there were some Beachbody execs. there asking him to wait, but he did say that the program will be very motivational and focus on "being in the moment".
  • When asked about an "Insanity 2", he said that there is not current plan for it. He said that he didn't even think it would sell that well since it really is insane, but his fans just keep coming back for more. He went on to say that in order for us fans to make it happen, that we should "get in Beachbody's ear."
  • He weighs 190lbs
  • Most days he sets an alarm to make sure he eats every 3 hours.
Following the event, Shaun T then hung around for over an hour making sure those who wanted a photo with him could get one. I have to admit that he really does seem like such a genuinely nice guy!


I have to say that it was also a genuine pleasure to meet some people at the event that I have only ever communicated with online. It really is so motivating and exciting to be in a large group of folks who all have the same desires and passions for this industry that you do. I also met a couple whom approached me to say, "You do not know me, but I know you. I watch all of your Youtube videos and I want to thank you as they have been such a help to me!" It is great to know that something as simple as some basic Youtube videos that I started as a hobby as blossomed into something that is helping so many others. I also can't believe that I am about to hit the '1 million Youtube views mark'!

This was such a fantastic opportunity, and I have to admit that I am so excited to be a part of the Beachbody family now. I have been waiting to be a Coach for years, eagerly waiting for the opportunity to come to Canada. Now that I am signed up, I am loving where this company is going, and look forward to more events like this in the future!

If you have any questions regarding becoming a Beachbody Coach, or are interested in the opporunity, you can check out my website here, or e-mail me with any further questions/comments/concerns.


Quote of the day:
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
-Henry Ford


Check out my new Website: tylerrobbinsfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment